Thursday, February 2, 2012

I watched other people watch The Watchmen


D.C. Comics announced prequels to the Watchmen, about the adventures of the heroes before the events of the Watchmen. I feel that since Darby (http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/) and Ben (http://thegbew.blogspot.com/) had their thoughts, I will throw my in. I think is a thing to make money and that D.C. has no more ideas left. The Watchmen was a corner stone in the comic/Super Hero genre...and that D.C. decides to go back and do prequels for watchmen, I think it underlines what Moore/Gibbons did and I didn't think that people was demanding watchmen prequels. D.C. needs to come up with new ideas or their ship will sink to the bottom.

To quote Alan Moore

"I tend to take this latest development as a kind of eager confirmation that they are still apparently dependent on ideas that I had 25 years ago."

He continued, "I don't want money. What I want is for this not to happen. As far as I know, there weren't that many prequels or sequels to Moby Dick."

No comments:

Post a Comment